Corona measures update 20 December 2021 Placed on 19 December 2021
Again, the Dutch government has announced new COVID-19 measures. In comparison to the measures taken in November, the situation will change for Abacus as follows. Until at least Friday 14 January 2022:
- Studying is not possible anymore in the Abacus room or the balcony. However studying in Educafé is possible!
- Committee meetings will be held online.
- Activities will take place online.
- There will be no physical lunch lectures .
- If you happen to visit the University buildings, keep 1.5m distance where possible.
The already existing measures that will still hold, include:
- Drinks don’t take place
- At least one board member will be available in the room between 10:00 and 15:00 for questions and providing coffee and tea (excluding the Christmas Holidays). Contact through WhatsApp, email, or Discord is of course also still possible.
We understand that these new measures are difficult. We appreciate your flexibility, and we all have to stay positive to make the best out of it.
The introduction of these new measures also results in the GMA being moved to an online platform. Keep an eye on the website and your email for more information on that.
Kind regards and stay safe,
The 54th board of W.S.G. Abacus
Flowers from the Education committee Placed on 3 December 2021
As of September 1st, Anton Stoorvogel is the new programme director of Applied Mathematics. To congratulate him with his new position, the Education committee decided to give him a bouquet of flowers.
As programme director, Anton will be the one in charge of the organisation of our beloved study programme. This can sometimes be a hard task, but we have confidence in the capabilities of Anton. He will be involved in developing a new curriculum for the bachelor programme. This is a challenge that involves a lot of attention and can impact the study programme, and by extension also the study association. We hope that as the study association for AM we can have pleasant collaborations with Anton as Programme Director.
With these flowers, the Education committee wants to show our appreciation for Anton's work so far as new programme director and wish him the best of luck in the coming years, in which he will occupy the position.Show image
New Covid Regulations Placed on 16 November 2021
Unfortunately, the Dutch government and the University of Twente have introduced new regulations to combat the spread of the coronavirus. These regulations will last for at least three weeks and will have the following consequences for our association. Until Monday December 6th:
- Drinks will not take place.
- A limited number of activities will take place. The board will assess for each separate activity whether it can happen responsibly. For example, lunch lectures will not be cancelled.
- Students can still come to the university to study and the Abacus room will remain open. Students and employees can get coffee or tea at the Abacus room. However, they are discouraged to hang out in or around the association room, for example, when playing games.
- The board will continue performing their tasks in the Abacus room and will be available there most of the time. You can also always reach the board via WhatsApp, email or Discord.
- Committee meetings can still take place physically and the Abacus room or other rooms in university buildings can be used for this. Of course, these meetings can also be held online, if desired by the committee.
All of these measures have been put in place for the safety of the students and such that we can return to normal as soon as possible. We hope for your understanding and that these measures will be respected. As the board, we are also disappointed to have to inform you about these new rules. Hopefully, we can get rid of them as soon as possible.
We will share updates regarding the measures with you through our announcement channels. Which activities have been cancelled and which haven't, can be seen in the activity calendar on the Abacus website.
The 54th board of W.S.G. Abacus
Study evening @ Carré 2N
Find some motivation to study in the evening by studying together.
Prom theme announcement @ t.b.d.
Learn about the customs, location, dress code, and most importantly, this year’s theme!
Board Interest Lunch @ t.b.d.
Come by to see what the board does all day!
End of the semester drink @ Abscint
The first semester is coming to an end. Time for a drink!
LAN party @ Educafé
Come play some games!